How to Apply
The Mannix Canby Foundation is a small family foundation. We typically receive more requests for funding than we can accommodate. However, we carefully review each request. To apply for a grant, please follow these steps:
1. Carefully review our guidelines to ensure that your request is a good match for our foundation.
2. Submit a 1-2 page letter of inquiry that provides the following information:
- the name and a brief history of your organization
- your mission statement
- an overview of the program for which you are seeking funding
- information on who your program serves as well as the specific needs you will be addressing
- the number of students who will be served
- the duration of the program
- the budget for the program
- the amount of your funding request
- the address of your website
- a short statement on how your program aligns with our guidelines
Submit your letter of inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. We will review your letter of inquiry within 4-6 weeks of submission and send you a response. We do this on a rolling basis; there are no deadlines. Should we decide to pursue your request we will then ask you to submit a more detailed application. We review only those full applications that we have requested.
4. After we review the full application, we will meet with the Executive Director or Program Manager for a site visit prior to making a funding decision. We will notify the organization about our funding decision soon after the site visit.
5. All grant recipients are required to submit a detailed report within four weeks of the completion of the program’s funding period.
Note: We often renew grants. This is done on a case-by-case, year-to-year basis. If you are interested in renewing a grant, please contact us. Make sure you have submitted your report prior to requesting a renewal.