The Mannix Canby Foundation is a small family foundation. We generally receive more grant requests than we can accommodate. However, we carefully review every grant request. To apply for a grant, please follow these steps.
- Carefully review our guidelines to ensure that your request is a good match for our foundation.
- Submit a 1-2 page letter of inquiry that provides the following information:
- the name and a brief history of the non-profit organization
- your mission statement
- an overview of the program for which you are seeking funding
- information on who your program serves as well as the specific needs you will be addressing
- the number of youth who will be served
- the duration of the project
- the budget for the program
- the amount of the requested grant
- the address of your website (if you have one)
- a short statement on how you think your project aligns with our guidelines.
Submit your letter of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about our guidelines, please contact us at .
- The Mannix Canby Foundation will review your letter of inquiry. If we elect to pursue your grant request, we will then ask you to submit a more detailed proposal. We review letters of inquiry on a rolling basis; there are no deadlines. You can expect a response to your letter of inquiry within 4-6 weeks of receipt.
- The Mannix Canby Foundation will review only those full proposals that we have requested. We will meet with the program directors or managers and conduct a site visit prior to a funding decision. We notify applicants about our funding decision soon after the site visit.
- All grant recipients are required to submit a detailed program report within four weeks of the completion of the project's funding period.
Note: We often renew grants. This is done on a case-by-case, year-to-year basis. If you are interested in renewing a grant, please contact us. Please make sure you have submitted your grant report before requesting a grant renewal.