Successful grant seekers will meet the following criteria:
- The non-profit must have a current 501(c)3 IRS certification.
- The organization must be based in the Puget Sound community of Washington that it serves. We do not fund offshoots of national organizations.
- The program for which a non-profit seeks funding will serve at-risk or under-served students (elementary through high school) in one or more of the following areas: reading, writing, math, science, critical thinking, homework assistance, college readiness, or the college application process.
- The request should be for a specific project or program.
- Smaller well-run, grass-roots organizations are given priority over those more high-profile, well-financed organizations.
- Grants start at $5,000. First-time grants generally do not exceed $5,000. It is possible to have funding renewed each year after re-application.
- Grantees must agree to submit a report one year after receipt of the grant.
If you have any questions about our guidelines, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org